Joshua J. White ("Josh")Shareholder
As a trial lawyer in Central Texas (e.g., jury trials, bench trials, and arbitration), Josh’s practice areas include:
Business & Banking (60%). Josh focuses his practice on the litigation of general business or banking matters—including, e.g., the litigation of matters involving the Uniform Commercial Code (Articles 2 (contracts), 3 (negotiable instruments) & 4 (bank deposits and collections), and 9 (secured transactions)). Josh also pursues claims against defendant guarantors and represents plaintiff creditors in adversary actions in bankruptcy court.
Construction (40%). Josh’s practice is also focused on the litigation construction-related matters, including, e.g., the prosecution and defense of construction-defect and warranty claims; time-and liquidated-damages claims; and project-delivery-system claims. Josh also reviews and drafts construction contracts—with proficiency in both AIA® and ConsensusDOCS™ contract forms.
On behalf of banks, construction companies, and other businesses Josh resolves collection matters, including mechanic’s lien and payment bond claims. Josh also handles foreclosures (including home-equity foreclosures); domesticates foreign judgments; conducts post-judgment discovery/collection; and assists creditors in navigating the estate-administration process, including serving as a temporary administrator, as needed.
Where does Josh White practice?
About 50% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in the Central Texas area—e.g., McLennan County (Waco); Brazos County (Bryan and College Station); Bell County attorney (Temple and Killeen), and Williamson County (Georgetown and Round Rock). About 40% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in Travis County (Austin); Dallas County (Dallas); or Tarrant County (Fort Worth). And the remaining 10% of Josh’s practice involves litigation in Harris County (Houston), Bexar County (San Antonio), or other locations throughout Texas. Recently admitted to practice in the State of Utah, Josh is also building a practice involving Utah-based business clients.
Publications, Honors & Awards:
- Texas “Rising Star” in Texas Monthly (Texas Super Lawyers® – Rising Stars Edition) in 2014 and 2015.
- “An Overview of Collateral Estoppel in Adversary Proceedings,” 29th Annual Advanced Bankruptcy Course – TexasBarCLE (online/updated version).
- Service of Process on a Foreign Defendant: A Brief Survey, 63 The Advocate, State Bar Litigation Section Report 8 (2013)
- The Foreclosure Process in the Probate Context, 48 The Advocate, State Bar Litigation Section Report 99 (Fall 2009)
- Preservation of Electronic Evidence and Electronic Discovery, Lorman Education – Document Retention and Destruction in Texas (2008 – 2009)
- Top 10 Speaker Award (6th Place) – Baylor Law School Moot Court Competition (2003)
- Top 10 Speaker Award (7th Place) – Baylor Law School Moot Court Competition (2002)
Professional & Community Memberships:
- Multi-faith Advisory Network Group – Baylor University’s Religion Department (2014 – present)
- 29th Annual Advanced Consumer Bankruptcy Course – TexasBarCLE – Speaker (February 2014)
- Admissions Committee – U.S. District Court, Western District of Texas – Waco Division (2014 – present)
- American Inns of Court (2013 – present)
- McLennan County Bar Presentation: Construction Law Highlights 2010/Creditor’s Rights & Remedies
- Baylor Law School – Guest Lecturer – Creditor’s Rights/Debtor’s Remedies (2009 – present)
- Baylor University – Guest Speaker – World Religions (2007 – present)
- Texas Ranger Hall of Fame & Museum Advisory Committee (2007 – 2009)
- North Texas Soccer Association – D License Holder/Participant (2008 – present)
- Heart of Texas Soccer – Head Coach (2008 – 2009)
- Boy Scouts of America Committee Member – Troop 426 (2014 – present)
- Boy Scouts of America Merit Badge Counselor (2012 – present)
- Boy Scouts of America Cub Master – Troop 413 (2008 – 2009)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Member (2005 – present)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Leadership Waco Class XXIII (2006 – 2007)
- Greater Waco Chamber of Commerce, Young Professionals Co-Chair (2005 – 2006)
- State Bar of Texas
- State Bar of Utah
- United States District Court for the Northern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Eastern District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Western District of Texas
- United States District Court for the Central District of Utah
- Admission – Texas Bar, including Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Admission – Utah Bar, including Litigation Section
- American Bar Association: Litigation and Construction Law Sections
- Waco-McLennan County Bar Association
- Bell County Bar Association
- Brazos County Bar Association
- Central Utah Bar Association
- Davis County Utah Bar Association
- Salt Lake City Bar Association
- American Institute of Architects (AIA) (National Allied Member)
- National Institute of Trial Advocacy (NITA) (Alumni)
- American Board of Trial Advocates (ABOTA) (Attendance – Masters in Trial program)